There are presently no open calls for submissions.
EDITORS' UPDATE (1/19/20): Thank you, everyone, for your tremendous response! Much to our surprise, we've hit our submissions limit for the month of January much earlier than expected, and we will have to shut down for a bit until our counter resets in February. To make up for the missed time, we'll reopen submissions again for a short time from February 1st–9th. (If you tried to submit and the form was closed, we are sorry; please do try again in February!) We apologize for the inconvenience—but thank you a million times over again for your support and interest. Please check back again on February 1st!
- You may submit only once per reading period.
- We ask that contributors whose work we published in the 2019 season refrain from submitting during the current reading period. (We welcome you to submit again next year!)
- All submissions should be submitted via Submittable only. Submissions sent to us via email will not be read.
- Your submission must meet both our general guidelines and the specific guidelines for the category in which you are submitting. (Categories of work accepted are Poetry and Visual Art and Photography. Please note that there are separate submission forms for each of these categories.)
- Please include a cover letter with your submission that includes a short biographical statement. We ask that you limit these statements to 1–2 sentences per artist.
- In submitting your work to us, you guarantee that the pieces included in your manuscript have not been published before—either in electronic or print form—and that they constitute your original creative work. Rights revert to the author upon publication of the work.
- We are a two-person, volunteer editorial team, so we read slowly! Please allow approximately eight weeks after the end of the reading period before you query us about our response to your submission.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but you must alert us to which poems have been submitted simultaneously and must inform us immediately should they be accepted elsewhere.
- Submissions that do not meet our guidelines will not be read.