There are presently no open calls for submissions.
EDITORS' NOTE: During our 2021 season, co-curated by guest editor Eugenia Leigh, we are accepting submissions on the theme of "'Asian American Futures." Submissions for our youth folio (open to Asian American poets and visual artists aged 14–24) are now open until April 11th. More information can be found on our blog. Please also check out our submissions FAQ and our tips on how to submit your work, and be sure to read our guidelines carefully before proceeding.
- You may submit only once per reading period.
- We ask that contributors whose work we published in the 2020 season refrain from submitting during the current season. (We welcome you to submit again next year!)
- All submissions should be submitted via Submittable only. Submissions sent to us via email will not be read.
- Your submission must meet both our general guidelines and the specific guidelines for the category in which you are submitting. (Categories of work accepted are Poetry and Visual Art. Please note that there are separate submission forms for each of these categories. We no longer accept translations.)
- Please include a cover letter with your submission that includes a short biographical statement. We ask that you limit these statements to 1–3 sentences per poet or artist.
- In submitting your work to us, you guarantee that the pieces included in your manuscript have not been published before—either electronically or print—and that they constitute your original creative work. Rights revert to the author upon publication of the work.
- We are a tiny volunteer editorial team, so we read slowly! Please allow approximately eight weeks after the end of the reading period before you query us about our response to your submission.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but you must alert us to which poems have been submitted simultaneously and must inform us immediately should they be accepted elsewhere.
- Submissions that do not meet our guidelines will not be read.