There are presently no open calls for submissions.
EDITORS' NOTE: The submissions period for our finale (2022) season is now closed. Thank you for your support over the last twelve years!
- You may submit only once per reading period.
- We ask that contributors whose work we published in the 2021 season refrain from submitting during the current season.
- All submissions should be submitted via Submittable only. Submissions sent to us via email will not be read.
- Your submission must meet both our general guidelines and the specific guidelines for the category in which you are submitting. (Categories of work accepted are Poetry and Visual Art. Please note that there are separate submission forms for each of these categories. We no longer accept translations.)
- Please include a cover letter with your submission that includes a short biographical statement. We ask that you limit these statements to 1–3 sentences per poet or artist.
- In submitting your work to us, you guarantee that the pieces included in your manuscript have not been published before—either electronically or print—and that they constitute your original creative work. Rights revert to the author upon publication of the work.
- We are a tiny volunteer editorial team, so we read slowly! Please allow approximately eight weeks after the end of the reading period before you query us about our response to your submission.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but you must alert us to which poems have been submitted simultaneously and must inform us immediately should they be accepted elsewhere.
- Submissions that do not meet our guidelines will not be read.