There are presently no open calls for submissions.
- You may submit only once per reading period.
- All submissions should be submitted via Submittable only. Submissions sent to us via email will not be read.
- Your submission must meet both our general guidelines and the specific guidelines for the category in which you are submitting. (Categories of work accepted include Poetry and Translation, as well as Visual Art and Photography. Please note that there are separate submission forms for each of these categories.)
- Please include a cover letter with your submission that includes a short biographical statement. We ask that you limit these statements to 1–2 sentences per artist (translators need not submit additional bios for the artist or artists whose work they are translating).
- In submitting your work to us, you guarantee that the pieces included in your manuscript have not been published before—either in electronic or print form—and that they constitute your original creative work. You also guarantee that, if your manuscript includes one or more translations, you hold all necessary permissions to publish the translated work. For original work, rights revert to the author upon publication of the work.
- We are a two-person, volunteer editorial team, so we sometimes read slowly! Please allow approximately eight weeks after the end of the reading period before you query us about our response to your submission.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but you must alert us to which poems have been submitted simultaneously and must inform us immediately should they be accepted elsewhere.
- Submissions that do not meet our guidelines will not be read.