There are presently no open calls for submissions.
EDITORS' UPDATE (2/7/20): Thank you, everyone, for your tremendous response! The extended reading period is nearly over, but we've already hit our submissions limit and need to close the form a tad bit earlier than expected. We are so sorry if you meant to send us something between 2/7 and 2/9—but we hope we get to see more of your work next time! (In the meantime, please feel free to get in touch with any questions.)
- You may submit only once per reading period.
- We ask that contributors whose work we published in the 2019 season refrain from submitting during the current reading period. (We welcome you to submit again next year!)
- All submissions should be submitted via Submittable only. Submissions sent to us via email will not be read.
- Your submission must meet both our general guidelines and the specific guidelines for the category in which you are submitting. (Categories of work accepted are Poetry and Visual Art and Photography. Please note that there are separate submission forms for each of these categories.)
- Please include a cover letter with your submission that includes a short biographical statement. We ask that you limit these statements to 1–2 sentences per artist.
- In submitting your work to us, you guarantee that the pieces included in your manuscript have not been published before—either in electronic or print form—and that they constitute your original creative work. Rights revert to the author upon publication of the work.
- We are a two-person, volunteer editorial team, so we read slowly! Please allow approximately eight weeks after the end of the reading period before you query us about our response to your submission.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but you must alert us to which poems have been submitted simultaneously and must inform us immediately should they be accepted elsewhere.
- Submissions that do not meet our guidelines will not be read.